I need y'alls help, please!

lissasmomma1

Songster
Mar 17, 2021
Milton, Florida

my lil Chick is 9 weeks old (her, I'm hoping) name is Chicken Alfredo, she has a half sister named Chicken wing both hatched a day apatry. we believe she is a pullet, she has a tail. Her and Chicken Alfredo have the same daddy, an Ayam Cemani Ameracuna mix. chicken Wings mommy is a light Sussex. Where as Chicken Alfredo has a white leghorn as a mom. I'm concerned because Chicken Alfredo has no tail at all. She has no pointed hackle or saddle fathers, and no spurs, so I'm assuming she's a she
However, I don't understand why she has no tail, never has. I'm just trying to figure out why. Does anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

• 20230729_094051.jpg
    20230729_094051.jpg
    513.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 20230729_094130.jpg
    20230729_094130.jpg
    721.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230729_094652.jpg
    20230729_094652.jpg
    381.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 20230729_094756.jpg
    20230729_094756.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
I have a barred rock pullet that also barely has a tail.

For tail to be an indicator of sex there needs to be a fast feathering breed mated to a slow feathering breed, with each one being a particular sex. I don't know much about that, but I do know that some pullets just have barely any tail and they catch up when they get bigger.

If you want to get nice, clear, close-up pictures of their combs folks on here can sex them for you.

For tail to be an indicator of sex there needs to be a fast feathering breed mated to a slow feathering breed, with each one being a particular sex. I don't know much about that, but I do know that some pullets just have barely any tail and they catch up when they get bigger.

If you want to get nice, clear, close-up pictures of their combs folks on here can sex them for you.
Her daddy is an Ayam Cemani mix and mommy is a white leghorn. If that helps at all

Was daddy an Americauna mix or an Araucana mix? I mixed them up for the longest time.

Araucana's are rumpless and you are playing gene roulette.

Also, Americauna are slow to feather.

But, basically there's nothing wrong with your chic. No pointy feathers, small comb...it's a girl.

Was daddy an Americauna mix or an Araucana mix? I mixed them up for the longest time.

But, basically there's nothing wrong with your chic. No pointy feathers, small comb...it's a girl.
No daddy is Ameracuna and Ayam Cemani cross this is daddy Chicken Pot Pie

Attachments

• 20230703_083949.jpg
    20230703_083949.jpg
    388.8 KB · Views: 10

Sorry here's a better pic

Attachments

• 20230703_083738.jpg
    20230703_083738.jpg
    635.9 KB · Views: 10

Only one has a comb. And that's my skittish one i can't get close to

Only one has a comb. And that's my skittish one i can't get close to
If their comb has any red at nine weeks, that is probably a male.

We have an ameraucana rooster, and he just lost his tail feathers and they haven't regrown for two years. I think it is because of the aruacana genes.

Back
Top Bottom