I ordered my incubator!!!!

chickieluver26

Songster
6 Years
Apr 22, 2013
San Antonio Texas
I am so excited I ordered my first incubator!!! I ordered a genesis 1588 with chicken and quail turning eggs from curlers supply!!!! It was around 175.00 without shipping for everything which was a much better deal than everywhere else. It is going to ship out tomorrow and I can't wait to get it!! Does anyone have experience with this incubator and can give me reviews or tips to use it if so they would be much appreciated! I will keep y'all updated thanks!
-Alicia

I've had one for several years and been very happy with it. Mine is an older model, without the digital readout. I've never had to adjust the thermostat. Put it away, take it out a year later and it just plain works. My only complaint, is the fan on mine sounds like a dental drill. I probably should have sent it back for warranty, but I wanted to start using it right after I got it. I just can't have it, where I can hear I while I'm trying to sleep.
hmm.png

I have found, that it will run off of my computer UPS, when the power is out for a day.

I've had one for several years and been very happy with it.  Mine is an older model, without the digital readout.  I've never had to adjust the thermostat.  Put it away, take it out a year later and it just plain works.  My only complaint, is the fan on mine sounds like a dental drill.  I probably should have sent it back for warranty, but I wanted to start using it right after I got it.  I just can't have it, where I can hear I while I'm trying to sleep.  :/
I have found, that it will run off of my computer UPS, when the power is out for a day.

Ok sounds good but how is the humidity?

I believe you made a very good purchase. I have the same experience as AzElgin without the fan issue. I got mine when they first came out. Not really sure if it's been 10 or closer to 20 years. Honestly just can't remember when they came out. It gets used 7 or 8 months a year. Hatches are always in the upper 90% hatch rate, as good as the cabinet incubators I have.

For tips, not really a whole lot besides following the easy instructions. If your house is colder than 68 degrees you can put a blanket over it allowing to not touch the cord and not to obstruct the air inlet hole. They used to ship a cheap thermometer that was inaccurate. For the first hatch you probably shouldn't adjust the thermostat. Just let the hatch date tell you if the temp is correct if you don't have an accurate thermometer. I've never adjusted my thermostat. I like to paint the back of the liner behind the proper reservoir to aid in refilling it with water when there are eggs in it. Nothing else I can really think of. It's very simple to use so not very much advice needed.
Have a good day.

I like to paint the back of the liner behind the proper reservoir to aid in refilling it with water when there are eggs in it. Nothing else I can really think of. It's very simple to use so not very much advice needed.
Have a good day.

I haven't use mine for a while and forgot about how its sometimes difficult to judge the water level in the clear plastic tray. I use a small flashlight. Last time, I put food coloring in the water, but I think I'll paint the backside, as you did..

I had 2..1588 .Ran Fine....sold one sorry i did. Bought a used still air added a fan and its stiil as erratic as every one ive had. of those.
1588 give you temp peace of mind
Sure takes the guess work out of what the temp will be any given hour SO much Less stress.

...However ........first few hatches 1588 did fine no adjusting at all.... plug ion and go... after about 6 months of continuous hatching my hatch rate went way down .Not even good on my own eggs. Someone told me check the digital against another therm which i did . I calibrated 2 scientific glass thermometers tested ..1588 digital was off.
BUT adjusted it to the right reading no problem stays perfect.

The GOOD news it WILL stay where you put it You do have to hold the button it for about 10 seconds before it will move up or down but then stays right there .
I notice the ppl with no temp problems ever had theirs a long time. As everything probably made better back then. I do test each hatch put the glass in once a day make sure..Humidity is just like the rest

If you have the turner you are set to go. Do nothing but just watch your humidity and that's it!! I like the big full window on it too.ID LOVE A BRINSEA though!
It does tell your humidity level so you know anyway where you are

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom