I Ordered the Britetap Chicken Water'er!

Hi Chickin Hurder, thanks for the order. We have about 500 review of the BriteTap on the website. 91% are 5-star. Most people love the BriteTap because their chickens get clean water and they don't have to touch a poop filled pan. Comments generally are on how easy it is to set up, how quickly the chickens take to it, and how flexible..... you can put it on a 2-gallon cooler, a 5-gallon cooler, a 10-gallon cooler, you can switch between these over time. etc.

If you need assistance or want to reach out to us to ask a question, just send an email to [email protected].

Hi Chickin Hurder, thanks for the order. We have about 500 review of the BriteTap on the website. 91% are 5-star. Most people love the BriteTap because their chickens get clean water and they don't have to touch a poop filled pan. Comments generally are on how easy it is to set up, how quickly the chickens take to it, and how flexible..... you can put it on a 2-gallon cooler, a 5-gallon cooler, a 10-gallon cooler, you can switch between these over time. etc.

If you need assistance or want to reach out to us to ask a question, just send an email to [email protected].

Thanks Mark. I'm looking forward to receiving it and putting it to use. I have a brand new 10 gallon cooler that I picked up on sale at Lowes (winter time prices on the only one left). I'm looking forward to not having to toss out gallons of poopy water every day.

I have a britetap chicken waterer and really like it! We are new to chickens (ours are 6 weeks) but the first 5 weeks were really frustrating with the water situation. They were always knocking it over, and getting poop and bedding in it. It was just gross. But we love the britetap!

I just set up my first britetap in the chicken pen. My flock took a little longer to figure it out, probably about an hour before everyone was using it. I think it's going to work out great, but I have one problem. My dominant hen isn't letting the lowest gal in the pecking order use it. So, until I can get my second britetap set up in the pen, I'm back to using the cruddy old water as well. :p

I've never seen them using mine and the water isn't disappearing either. It's been out there for 2 or 3 months. I do have a tub of water in the pen with them. Maybe I should remove it?

I'm using the Rubbermaid 3 gallon pan that's shoulder high to the chickens so they don't poop in it but litter does blow in.

Last edited:
The biggest drawback I see to the briteTap it is not expandable. If the 3 nipples handles 18 - 24 birds and the flock grows ( as they all do ) you have to buy another one. If you figure in the shipping the Solway watering system with auto fill is cheaper. It also comes with the Horizontal Nipples that every one is talking about. The initial setup has 6 nipples handles 36 - 48 birds and you can add extension's. Each extension handles 18 - 24 and are very inexpensive. Ck it out for your self.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221377070471?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

I have been using mine for nearly a year. I have a 5 gallon cooler for 4 hens. the only thing was that the reds were not very bright about it, I had to actually hold their beaks up to the nipples for a couple of minutes before they finally realized the water came from "up" not "down" when it dripped. The EE was the first to try within about 1/2 hour. I removed their normal water source and they were all using it within the day. I love it, water stays clean and cooler, and I change it weekly. I did wrap the clear plastic with a black cloth to reduce algae growth, seems to work fine. I'm sure you will love it too. We were gone on vacation for a couple of weeks, and the guy taking care of the girls just added water to the cooler. Really can't get much easier than that unless you have a natural water source available for them.

I just ordered one. I'm so tired of the messy waterer I have now. I took their advice and ordered some silicone tubing and a non weldable valve. I was impressed that Mark from customer service answered my email within one day!

Beth

They won't start using it if there is another, easier, water source. Have you removed all other water sources from the environment? When I got mine I just tapped it in front of them a few times to get them curious and they took to it right away. But when they have their other waterer filled for really hot days they always use that one first. They are lazy gals!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom