i really dont want my chickens eating gmo foods!!!!

daviechik

Songster
10 Years
Apr 13, 2012
Plantation Acres
what can i give them that is nutrient dense (they are 4wks old) we area already doing mealworms/superworms, veggies and they are already scratching the ground but really pick apart their baby food (Read purina brand, more than likely gmo corn based) i would like them to eat a natural organic feed, even if it means i have to order it online!

Countryside naturals has an organic non-GMO feed, but any organic is non-gmo.

are you sure about that? FDA does not require the labelling of GMO foods in OUR foods, so it seems quite possible that it will stilll be in there.

From my understanding ALL corn and MOST soy are GMO in the US (thanks Monsanto and Round0Up corn) so my assumption is that the only way to avoid GMO is to avoid corn and soy.

Yeah...they make a starter, a grower, and a layer variety. Good stuff. Chickens love it. I get the blend without corn and soy.

Organics is not always organic I found out the hard waY. Also trying to get away from soy in my small town has proven fruitless. I'm sick of the thought of my birds eating GMO and soy, :( but can not afford the shipping of bags, and am stuck with nutrena .

Back
Top Bottom