I really srewed up

thunder123

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 24, 2008
East Feliciana (Jackson)
Hope this is the right place to post. But I worked really hard last year on building a flock of Lavender Orpingtons. I spent big bucks and got lucky with way more hens than I needed. So I sold a trio and a CULL hen to a person Via Craigslist. I contacted Jody at Hink Mountain Poultry at once about that hen that had yellow legs. She told me Not to breed her. Well the people I sold them to.I SAID NOT TO BREED HER! they lied to me and said they just wanted pretty birds. Long story short..They have her in the pen and breeding and all over the internet selling eggs from this flock with the cull. I know I can't do anything about it but I feel they are screwing up the color after much hard work from others. So one never knows how greedy some folks are. I feel sorry for anyone who buys eggs from these folks because backwards is not the way to go with this color. IT'S MY FAULT For trusting greedy people! Rubbing hands together should have tipped me off! Not Funny I know this just makes me sad.

You know they are so many people out there doing things just to make a buck. As least you know you didn't sell it as a breeder. Don't be so hard on yourself!!

Oh no.
sad.png
I'm so sorry. I know how frustrating that can be.

It makes me so afraid to offer culls! Most of my rabbit culls just go into a pot, I expect it will be the same with my birds. It's people like that that screw it up for all those that HONESTLY just want a pretty layer flock!

Grr. I guess it would be out of line to call this person out?

So sorry to hear of that, but it happens. Even when someone is just selling out their projects, someone will come along, buy em for top dollar, then sell that very same project stock for top dollar, as if it was complete and worth all the extra money.

When I have culls or project birds to sell, I usually sell them as "mutts" or to people who know very little about chicken breeds/colors
wink.png

I do sell my baby chicks to support my habit of chicken hoarding. I just love them. None of my chickens live on wire. Every chicken I own has a huge run or is free ranged . They are are spoiled rotten! Most of the time they go to people who may breed and re-sale , but this one bothers me as they are breeding a Cull.

Oh just let it go and have faith in karma...somewhere along the line someone smart will buy their eggs, hatch the color faults and confront them. Its like selling a car..if you told someone all about it, the good the bad and the ugly and they buy it and take it home or resell it with not disclosing some known issues-like the tranny slips-then you can sleep at night..they CANT and fate will come along and bite em in the hinny.

As my my wise old mom pounded in my head from day one...dont be angry, have faith, just wait and watch..they will get theirs in the end...and the dishonest folks always do!
smile.png

Quote:
Agreed, thats the best way I can thing of to sell project culls that arent worth breeding is to sell them as just "mixed chickens" to people at a local sale to people who dont know anything about genetics and and also dont sell a cull project bird with a mate of the oppsite sex and that can help prevent people from breeding mis colored birds and they would be more likely to just add them to a mixed colored flock.

Back
Top Bottom