Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
hmm.png
I guess it isn't so understandable
tongue.png

Haha, oh well.

Quote:
O.K. This is the most hilarious smiley I have EVER seen! Well placed, too. LOL!

Birdies...like others have already said - when in Rome, you must do what the Romans do. Mom says no chickens, then that's all there is to it.

My parents said "no" to me for 18 years every time I asked for a horse. They weren't kidding. No horse.

I took my happy butt to college, got a job...and purchased two horses! Nothing was as sweet as wanting something for so long, working hard to get it, and the joy of actually, finally having them. My parents were right to tell me no - some things you have to earn.

Last edited:
Quote:

Birdies...like others have already said - when in Rome, you must do what the Romans do. Mom says no chickens, then that's all there is to it.

My parents said "no" to me for 18 years every time I asked for a horse. They weren't kidding. No horse.

I took my happy butt to college, got a job...and purchased two horses! Nothing was as sweet as wanting something for so long, working hard to get it, and the joy of actually, finally having them. My parents were right to tell me no - some things you have to earn.

I guess you're right
hmm.png

Except that a horse is way more expensive, and way harder to take care of than a chickie
hit.gif

Quote:

I guess you're right
hmm.png

Except that a horse is way more expensive, and way harder to take care of than a chickie
hit.gif

AGAIN, the point some of us are trying to make is, no matter what it is you may want, you must abide by your parents rules. As long as you live with them, that is the way it is. I am an adult, way into adulthood. I have lived on my own since 1980. My dogs stay in the house , at my house. If we go to my parents and take the dogs, the dogs stay in a kennel we built. Again, my parents house, their rules.

Quote:
I guess you're right
hmm.png

hit.gif

AGAIN, the point some of us are trying to make is, no matter what it is you may want, you must abide by your parents rules. As long as you live with them, that is the way it is. I am an adult, way into adulthood. I have lived on my own since 1980. My dogs stay in the house , at my house. If we go to my parents and take the dogs, the dogs stay in a kennel we built. Again, my parents house, their rules.

I don't even know what to say anymore
hit.gif

Quote:
Birdies, it is obvious that you are quite young (no, do NOT mention your age; that will get the thread locked and removed). There have been mentions about concerns over grades which you did not answer, personal responsibilities (such as doing chores) that you have not responded to, and comments about it being your parents right to make rules for their home, which include how they are raising you.

By and large the vast majority of parents love their children and treat them with respect. It seems to me that you are not respecting your parents, but are acting like a pouty three year old: "give me what I want because I want it." Your mother has expressed that you might move; getting animals that you may not be able to take with you when a move is possible or likely is not a mature decision.

You need to deal respectfully and maturely with your parents. Ask them politely what it will take to get their permission to have chickens, then work hard to meet those conditions. If they say no, listen to their reasons, and realize that they may need to make that decision.

Quote:
Birdies, it is obvious that you are quite young (no, do NOT mention your age; that will get the thread locked and removed). There have been mentions about concerns over grades which you did not answer, personal responsibilities (such as doing chores) that you have not responded to, and comments about it being your parents right to make rules for their home, which include how they are raising you.

By and large the vast majority of parents love their children and treat them with respect. It seems to me that you are not respecting your parents, but are acting like a pouty three year old: "give me what I want because I want it." Your mother has expressed that you might move; getting animals that you may not be able to take with you when a move is possible or likely is not a mature decision.

You need to deal respectfully and maturely with your parents. Ask them politely what it will take to get their permission to have chickens, then work hard to meet those conditions. If they say no, listen to their reasons, and realize that they may need to make that decision.

I said that they didn't say no a million times!

No one wants me to get a chickie!
hit.gif

Sorry, I know I'm overreacting, but you have no idea what it's like!
No offense or anything

What your mother says is law. I understand that. Spring of 2010 I was dying for chickens. We had some before, but mom sold them on CL to a Russian lady that didn't know what she was doing, she had like fifty pullet/hens and was like "Me not know why they do not lay??" My poor pullets, I never knew their fate.
SO back to 2010, I finally convinced my mom that we could get two chickens - for eggs. But the clinch was that she knew I was responsible, ever since then I'm the one that does all the chicken things, no one else. If I'm not home the chickens don't get put to bed, if I'm not home no one feeds/waters the chickens. You could talk it over with your mom, you mentioned in aforesaid posts that you might be moving to Philadelphy. Why don't you figure out a good way to transport your chickens incase you do move and present it to your mom? (Like a dog kennel.) You could start out with two, then grow your flock from there once she sees your responsible and love chickens. I'm sure you can keep up with your grades and have chickens. You may have to wait in spring (spring chicks are healthier than fall ones anyway) and, meanwhile work hard over the winter. Show her with your actions instead of words, to moms that says a lot.
wink.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom