I Really Want A Chickie!!!! *cries*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
RUDE AND WRONG! Chickens are always cute! Infact, Me and others I know, favor adults MORE than chicks for these reasons:

1. Calmer
2. Smarter
3. Eggs
4. With a roo, they'll raise their own chickies

Belle was not in anyway rude or wrong. She speaks with respect and aknowledge base that comes from years of experience. She also offers suggestions to convince the OP's parents the OP is ready for the responsibility.

Perhaps you should re-evaluate the approach you took to your rebuttle of her post.

....besides "cuteness" describes how humans observe and react to the blunted features that come with baby-hood. Primates especially find "cute" features appealing, and will often raise animals of other species because they are drawn to it.

=> There are whole sociologic-biology courses which desribe how the human attraction to "cute" lead to the domestication of wild animals and the development of human civilization.

SO: if you take the definition of "cute" which describes daintiness or bluntness of features---then you can't say Belle is incorrect. Adult chickens just aren't cute
wink.png

Quote:
RUDE AND WRONG! Chickens are always cute! Infact, Me and others I know, favor adults MORE than chicks for these reasons:

1. Calmer
2. Smarter
3. Eggs
4. With a roo, they'll raise their own chickies

Wow. Name calling regarding an opinion. I love all stages of chicken ownership, and have first hand experience with my children adoring the fuzzy new chicks and becoming a lot less responsible over time as they lost their novelty along with their fuzz.

S/He Who rules the house gets to decide. Mom knows her own situation, her own kid and said kids capibilities, and that is pretty much that.

Quote:
Same here, DH and I have a firm rule; sniveling gets you nothing.

But show initiative, keep good grades and do your chores...that gets magnificent rewards around here.

Quote:
Maybe you should try coming up with a money solution so that your parents don't have to pay for everything by themselves. I was (and still am) not allowed to get any kind of animal if I cannot at least pay for its feed. A small flock of chickens will not be able to pay for themselves as you will probably use up all the eggs yourself.

Quote:
Don't let this discourage you birdies.

We aren't discouraging her, only giving her practical advice that will benefit her if her parents do decide to let her have chickens. You aren't really helping the situation by telling her to ignore the helpful suggestions that we are trying to give her.

Last edited:
Quote:
Birdies, it is obvious that you are quite young (no, do NOT mention your age; that will get the thread locked and removed). There have been mentions about concerns over grades which you did not answer, personal responsibilities (such as doing chores) that you have not responded to, and comments about it being your parents right to make rules for their home, which include how they are raising you.

By and large the vast majority of parents love their children and treat them with respect. It seems to me that you are not respecting your parents, but are acting like a pouty three year old: "give me what I want because I want it." Your mother has expressed that you might move; getting animals that you may not be able to take with you when a move is possible or likely is not a mature decision.

You need to deal respectfully and maturely with your parents. Ask them politely what it will take to get their permission to have chickens, then work hard to meet those conditions. If they say no, listen to their reasons, and realize that they may need to make that decision.

I said that they didn't say no a million times!

No one wants me to get a chickie!
hit.gif

Sorry, I know I'm overreacting, but you have no idea what it's like!
No offense or anything

But obviously, they have not said "yes." And I did say "IF they say no..."

And I do believe that every single person on this forum has had disappointments that they have had to deal with.

Birdie,
You now have about 12 dozen ways to go about this. You are officially loaded for bear! Even if you only choose 2 or 3 of the suggestions that best fit your knowledge of your mother and her expectations of you I cannot see how you will fail in impressing her. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom