I.S.O "THE HOLY GRAIL" COCKEREL

Phoenix rizing

Chirping
May 23, 2019
LOOKING FOR RARE OR ORNAMENTAL SEXED CHICK (looking for a cockerel) WOULD PREFER BANTAM BUT IM OPEN TO THIS.. I LIVE IN NORTHERN MAINE DOES ANYONE SHIP TO ME?? IF NOT WHAT'S OUT THERE FOR FERTILE EGGS?? *PHOENIX BANTAMS *SILKED EGGERS OR *AYEM CEMANI (MAY CONSIDER SILKIES)
In search of that "HOLY GRAIL" cockerel (and a pullet or 2 of same) ... Not looking for egg or broiler I'm more into the rare or ornamental breeds.. I'm not going to interbreed with the 8 pullets I have (LAYERS) but I do want to do some breeding at some point but not necessary.. I'm looking for only 3 chicks one has to be a cockerel..
Been looking into these breeds pictured below
#1 choice phoenix bantam
#2 choice silked egger
#3 ayem cemani-ish or copper marantz
#4 lavender silkies or blue (prefer feather footed breeds)
#5 Lavender wyandotte or lavender orpington (sexed cockerel)
s-l400 (1).jpg
whatever breed I choose ill get 2 more of also.. (if i buy sexed I'll need 1 cockerel 2 pullets) ..will pay extra for the sexed obviously
I'm sure I won't find one like this one below but oh wow..
s-l400.jpg but here's the line up..subject to change
Phoenix bantam #1 chioce
6-bantam-phoenix-hatching-eggs-assorted-colors_5169829_450_450.jpeg
#2 silked white egger
Screenshot_20191201-150037_Chrome.jpg
#3 ayem cemani
s-l400 (2).jpg
#4 Lavender (or blue) wyandotte or orpington will consider a lavender or blue smoke easter egger cockerel (I have 1 blue smoke pullet 1 lavender pullet 1 brahma/partridge pullet with blue smoked feathers) my 3 egger pullets are pictured below
First and second pic is my blue/silver smoke with maroon splashed feathers
IMG_20190826_105837266.jpg
PicsArt_07-19-07.59.23-1.jpg
Next 2 pic is my lavender/blue/ black smoked egger pullet (and one blk aussie pullet)
IMG_20190921_162513281.jpg
PicsArt_08-05-03.43.01.jpg
Last pic is my partridge pullet with blue smoked feathers highlight in wings and tail
IMG_20191119_112651_566.jpg (brahma markings on hackle)
This is sideview of one last pictured above this is her markings
IMG_20190814_155149561.jpg even tho she was more partridge color than brahma but it's nice mix if colors...
I WILL CONSIDER AN EGGER COCKEREL IF LAVENDER/BLUE SMOKE COLORS ONLY REALLY WOULD LIKE BANTAM SIZED-ISH
FB_IMG_1574433257825.jpg
LAST PIC IS SIDE VIEW OF LAST BIRD PICTURED (partridge/brahma/blue smoke highlighted pullet)
SHOW ME WHAT U GOT FOR CHICKS AND/OR FERTILE EGGS.. I RESIDE IN NORTHERN MAINE

This is not a good time of the year to be looking for eggs, and I would not try getting them in the mail. The risk of freezing and killing fertile eggs is too great in transit (That is assuming any survive shipping, which if you've done your homework, hatching rate of shipped eggs is usually poor to terrible), especially where you say you are. It also isn't terribly likely you're going to find one place to sell you three chicks of those specific breeds. Probably the best place that might come close to that is Cackle Hatchery, but they aren't shipping live chicks or eggs, right now. They also have a minimum order of 5 for bantams, and what they sell are unsexed. Only place I know of that does sexed bantams is My Pet Chicken, and I do not remember them offering bantam phoenix. They also have a bantam minimum order of 5, I think.

Best you could do is perhaps to split an order with someone, or maybe start hunting craigslist. You might find a breeder willing to offer you adult birds to ship, but you will pay a pretty penny per bird. Given your location... I would also say maybe phoenix are not the best choice? I know they are exceptional birds for warm locations, but they don't seem like good choices for places that are extremely cold unless you've got a really good housing scenario for them for winter.

Last edited:
Yeah I don't want to do mail all your points are valid and near my decision to wait till end of Feb and deal with local feed.. best bet I agree. now I have some experience im going to get 6 bantams in spring.. already minus 10 wind chill up here tonight..ugh.. my birds I have are kicking back in their pad I keep checking us quite warm considering with my 2 lights going on them and I separated their coupe with plastic for perch area alot warmer than other section

Back
Top Bottom