I said I never would, and yet I did...

thebritt

Songster
10 Years
Mar 5, 2009
Humboldt County
join facebook. Luckily, the only computer I have access to is at work, so it can't take up too much of my time! But WHO are these people who want to be "friends"? I've never heard of many of them - one request was from someone in Russia - What the?

I only friend people I know, or people with whom I have friends in common. Most of my friends are family and co workers, or former co workers; and people I know from sites like this. I don't accept requests from out of the blue.

They are freaks. There is a thing about getting the most friends you can, it is ridiculous. I think some of them are spammers or hackers or whatever. Be very careful of the information you post and check the security settings. There is a lot of information out there about how to protect yourself on Facebook. I recommend it. Good luck!

I enjoy Facebook, but I have a rule... If I don't know you, I don't accept the friend request.
To many hackers and viruses get to you that way.

I love Facebook! I don't spend all day on it or anything; I don't play any of the games they have on there, but I like hearing about my nieces and nephews in different states; and letting my widely scattered family and friends know what I am up to. And I like seeing the pictures that people post, and sharing mine.

Most of the warnings about hackers and viruses turn out to be false scams by people who love to see the naive; who fall for scares easy & run like..well..chickens with their heads cut off. We have a very large patriot network...I talk to thousands of people weekly, been using it for years..never had a virus, never had a hacker, never had anything stolen. Use common sense and facebook is a great thing.

Agree...ignore stranger requests, and virus' really are alive and well on there, just like on the rest of the net. Can happen to anyone.

No facebook for me, but the network of my (real life) friends & family on there keeps me on there, through their facebooks. So even though I don't wanna be on there in any way, shape, or form, guess I still facebook by proxy.
tongue.png

I got a request from someone with 0 mutual friends, sent a note, "do I know you?". I got a very snotty response. I have enough friends over there that anyone who sends a request should have at least ONE in common.

Back
Top Bottom