I shaved Ranger (nigerian dwarf)

Haviris

Songster
12 Years
Sep 4, 2007
I gave Ranger a hair cut today, I shaved his sisters and thought he'd like a cooler hair cut to, he was actually better about it then they were. I think he's really turned into a nice looking boy, sort of feeling guilty about banding him, I think he would have made someone a nice little buck! But now he's destin to be someone's sweet little pet, and he'll smell alot better too!
009.jpg

I like this one because I caught the little girl twin in action!
016-2.jpg

Isn't he a cutie? Still looking for a home by the way!

Last edited:
Oh my, what a cutie!! And are those blue eyes I see? Love it!

We always try and give our 'lil Nigies a good body clipping when it starts warming up. I really should do that soon, actually, so thanks for the reminder--I need to get some blades for my clippers!
lol.png
I think they have to be so much more comfortable after a clip, they grow so much hair over the winter and it seems to take forever to shed out. I have an older wether, and he is not only hairy but FAT, and I think a haircut is necessary for his health in the warmer months! Mine are total drama queens about the whole process, though.
roll.png

That little boy would make someone such a sweet pet! You say he's looking for a home, have you put a post on the buy/sell/trade forum yet?? And let people know what state you're in, in case someone reading this wants to take that cutie pie home!!

I shave a few of my does, too. They are SO cute shaved, and seem so much more comfortable. I also shave my dwarf-dwarf buck, Hanky, because he grows enough hair for a full sized goat.

He is gorgeous, I'm sure he'll find a great home soon!

How do you shave them? Mine have real thick hair and as it gets hotter that may be an idea. I have clippers but the cat didn't appreciate them too much last summer. Is there a certain # guard you use?

Yes he's blue eyed, so far my buck Dallas has been 100% on blue eyes (5 kids). Ranger's a cutie!

I used a size 10 blade, it's nice and close, he was actually very good about it! Most settle down pretty good once I get going. The hardest part is the head and legs, but Ranger was extra good about his head! It's definately easiest to use a milk stand, Ranger's head was to small for the milk stand, sometimes I have to do the kids without it. I just tied Ranger to it and went to work, but I've also (expecially with the jumpier ones) locked their heads between my legs, hard on the back but it works!

They definately seem cooler with a hair cut, and so cute!

I use a 7 blade and go with the hair instead of against so I don't cut too short - even in the shade they'll burn here. Do the same with the horses. For head and legs, I use a wee little clipper with a 10 blade, but I put a #1 guard on it so I dont get too short there and cut against the grain...then blend with the 7 down.

Back
Top Bottom