I sold my first chickens .....

Crazy4Chicks

Songster
12 Years
Nov 20, 2007
Glendale, AZ
I really would like to add a few different breeds to the flock - for a nice mixed flock and I would really like to mix up my egg colors - so I called a few feed stores and had them put up an ad selling a few of the girls.

well weeks went by and no calls - ok no big deal I thought - last night a very nice lady called wondering about the girls and she came over to take a look at them, she loved how friendly they are and that they are already laying. she has some banty hens, and a turken roo , and a few other animals so I felt real good about her getting a few of my girls.

All total she got 6 - 2 Light brahmas, 2 Silver laced cochins, 2 EE's - one brown layer, one green layer for her little girl.
her DD was already trying to name them as we were getting them in the carriers LOL

she called me this morning to let me know they are all in the temp pen/coop and eating and drinking fine.

I had an idea which girls I wanted to sell before she came over but it was alittle harder to let them go than I thought it would be.

she wanted one of the EE's that was getting pecked on -very badly by the others - so we are hoping that at the new place she will do better. she is going to keep my 6 girls together as a small flock and add a rooster in later just for " protection " LOL

but I feel pretty good selling them- it is weird to look out at a smaller flock this morning LOL

and we settled on a price of 5.00 each - which I thought was fine.

Julie

well the lady who got the girls called me again this morning - I thought something was wrong - she was very happy to say that when she went out there to check on them she found a green egg - she has never had green eggs before and was very excitied - and wanted to know which one of the girls to thank- I told her it was Blue - the EE with the bluebeard - the other EE lays a light brown egg.

her DD is telling everyone that she has a chicken who lays easter eggs LOL

but on the down side - DH is mad at me for selling them because last night a guy came over and bought 5 dozen eggs - and he says " If I had not sold my girls I would be able to fill the frig back up in no time. "

I plan on getting a few chickens at the TS during chick days also I plan on hatching a few mutt chicks from my flock, plus I want to order a few eggs from members on the borad - sell the roosters and a few extra pullets - keep a few to add to the laying flock - I will not have a problem replacing the 6 girls I sold LOL

Julie

At least you made a family very happy
smile.png
. Well once you get some laying hens again you will be filling the fridge again
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom