I started wanting 2-3 chickens

Sounds just like my two! Mack, the rotty, as you can see he's a chicken lover. He likes to smell them too much, sometimes he gets a peck on the nose, but he's allowed around them. The doby can't come out when the chicks are out in the yard, she grabbed my roo when he was a few months old and shook him. That was the end of that!

I see we both have the most meligned and lovable breeds of dogs on earth
smile.png
rotts dobs and pitbulls have all had such bad raps in life ....I dogs and hop that we can get our girl to ease up! I will never trust her and she will always be on the other side of the fence...

it does not help that our dogs eat a raw diet of a lot of chicken!

I make my own food too! I hope they can't put two and two together!

I can't speak for the dobies, because mine is crazy and mean, but my rotty is the biggest baby in the world. I love pitts too! I work at a vet, and we are much more afraid of a chihuahua or a dashund than a rott or pitt!

Keeping Chickens is truly an addiction. There really should be a 12 step program....but alas, there's not....we just recruit more and more into our "little world"
thumbsup.gif

You think you've got it bad now, just get yourself an incubator and hatch some beautiful little fuzzy butts.....OMG
barnie.gif
HatchaHolic-itis is IMPOSSIBLE to cure.

Last edited:
Amy, that's what I've heard, so has DF so he has FORBIDDEN a 'bator in the house!

He did FORBID chickens, look how well that worked!
lau.gif
Silly boys!

When I was small I would go to see an auntie and her chickens were mean! When my husband had the bright idea of having chickens I said NO! He brought 19 chicks home anyway and they turned out to be sweeties! I love my fat girls even though 3 turned out to be roos..

Back
Top Bottom