I take it back, they're NOT STUPID! I found out why.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by kkm, Sep 29, 2008.

1. kkm

kkm Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2008
    Shawnee, OK.
    OK, OK, I may have offended some of you when I accused my chickens of being stupid. Perhaps that was a little harsh. [​IMG] I was just aggravated, I really, really do like my chickens. [​IMG] I was outside the other day and I saw one of them jump up on the roost and I thought YEAH they found it!! But just then one of the guineas walked up and BIT her toes!! [​IMG] Well if that happened every time, I wouldn't want to roost either! My son was not happy when I told him. Then yesterday, he came in saying he wanted to get rid of the guineas. :thun He took me out and showed me Goldielocks' bloody toes! What am I gonna do? I really don't want to loose my guineas and I'm afraid that's what will happen if I let them out. Plus, won't the chickens be jealous if I don't let them out too?!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Good grief. Raise the roost? Is that possible? Separate the guineas. What a murderous bunch of birds.

3. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Boot them outside. If they're smart enough to survive, then you're meant to have them. [​IMG] Guineas aren't the brightest crayons in the box, are they?

4. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Guinea and other species of birds often do not do well with chickens, which are usually more laid back and intimidated by them. I would say you need a separate house for your crazy toe eating guineas.

Jody

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by