I think I have 4 cockerel’s 😵‍💫

Bahamachick

In the Brooder
May 3, 2022
Bahamas
My Coop
My Coop
I really don’t know what to think , I have two barred rock Plymouth’s and 3 eggers and I am certain of 1 of the eggers, he is only 6 weeks but attempting to crow! Attached are some pictures any help identifying gender would be awesome. Newbie from the Bahamas!
8414E2AE-5D55-4446-AD97-E7AC23E7A278.jpeg

Attachments

• 8489916E-B379-4434-A46A-3117A1154D92.jpeg
    8489916E-B379-4434-A46A-3117A1154D92.jpeg
    456.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 4EB44E65-F426-4450-9F83-77CA9D1FA215.jpeg
    4EB44E65-F426-4450-9F83-77CA9D1FA215.jpeg
    725.4 KB · Views: 6
It appears that first OE is your only pullet. Can you get profile pics of the first two Rocks?

Indeed they are boys. Their temperament now is not always indicative of their temperament once they sexually mature. A lot of sweet cockerels male mean roosters. I personally would just keep the nicest looking one and then do not treat it like a pet.

Indeed they are boys. Their temperament now is not always indicative of their temperament once they sexually mature. A lot of sweet cockerels male mean roosters. I personally would just keep the nicest looking one and then do not treat it like a pet.

Thank you so much for both your responses. I guess how do I determine the nicest looking one? I think that the Plymouths are beautiful and he is the best looking of the two.

Last question 🙋‍♀️

How do I treat him? I really only want to keep him to have another go at getting more chickens, is this a good plan?

Thank you so much for both your responses. I guess how do I determine the nicest looking one? I think that the Plymouths are beautiful and he is the best looking of the two.

Last question 🙋‍♀️

How do I treat him? I really only want to keep him to have another go at getting more chickens, is this a good plan?
You could get good side (whole body) profile pics of each one, and start a thread in the breeding sub-forum here. Ask the people which one they think best fits the breed SOP. Or, you could keep your favorite. I would just treat him as livestock. No petting or coddling. Sort of he's there, but he's not.

update: I have confirmed a home for 3 of the roosters on a beautiful farm on the island however the two barred rock roosters were extremely close, is it okay for me to separate them and keep him and the only pullet? Will they be lonely being only 2 vs being 5 for so long?

Back
Top Bottom