I think... I just screwed up.

Badhbh

Songster
12 Years
Nov 16, 2007
Southern Indiana
I have three big eggs in with the Serama eggs, and I lost track of when I put them in. So I get home today, and all three are pipped. I inspect, and two aren't moving or cheeping, one is raising a fuss and normal. I got a good look at one, and it wasn't moving at all. It pipped, then died. I got the second one, and it wasn't moving either so I chipped off a bit of shell. Oops, it was just resting.
sad.png
There's some blood, and it's still alive- I stuck it right back in the incubator. I've never had one bleed on me before. Obviously, that's bad news, but how bad is it? Have I possibly killed it?

I never "help" a chick out, if it is strong and healthy it will make it out of the shell, if not it won't. I would just leave alone at this point an see what happens.

maybe just make shure it stays moist with damp paper towls but I have no experance so I have no idea i just have read that if you mess with them you need to make shure they dont dry out. and you could probly use a damp paper towl to stop bleeding if its still.

Quote:
Loss of blood is alway BAD, This is were alot of newbe go wrong, best not to help them out. Could be up to 24 hours after they pip before they hatch.

Back
Top Bottom