I think I know the answer to this but is there a quiet female duck?

AuberyMirkwood

Songster
8 Years
Jul 24, 2011
Clovis NM
I think I know the answer to this but is there a quiet female duck? I know Cayugas and Muscovies but they just seem too big
sad.png
I have 1/10 an acre and everything I have is mini. Bantams, dwarf trees, etc. I've never seen a Cayuga in person but a 7 pound duck next to my 2 pound chickens and wandering my property seems like Godzilla lol... Is there any small breeds that are quiet? Does any one have comparison pictures? I guess I'm a bit gun shy as I raised 7 pekins as a teen and they were the messiest, biggest, greediest (50 lbs of food a week!) LOUDEST creatures I have ever met and I hated them, tasted great though
big_smile.png
I know ducks are messy, I don't mind that, I just don't want monsters running around
roll.png

Last edited:
All female ducks with the exception of Muscovies are relatively loud.Some are quieter but not necessarily "quiet". Have you thought about a exotic species?

My welsh harlequin hens a very quite compared to the rouen hens. I love my welsh harlequins for that reason. (and many more)

Yeah Muscovy hens are not big at all.. my girls are all fairly petite... a single arm-full and they are generally very quiet.. mine 'talk' to me but it's just a gentle chirp/peep... they are capable of louder noises(quack) but that is usually only when startled or scared .. honestly the drakes make way more noise with their hissing...
roll.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom