I think I made a boo boo

halo

Got The Blues
14 Years
Nov 22, 2007
Florida
My Coop
My Coop
Im on day 20, and have already hatched out 1 golden laced wyandotte, one blue rock, and 2 blue orps. The problem is....I cant tell the rocks from the orps! They were marked, but when I came home, they had popped their shells and were already laying all over the place. When will I be able to tell the difference? Theres a splash in there that Im really hoping is an orp. Julie, these are your orps.

Silkiechicken is right. The shanks will be slate on both breeds but the beak and bottom of the feet on the rocks will be yellow and the Orps will be white. Bad thing is sometimes you cant tell for a couple of weeks.
sad.png

I don't mind if I cant tell for a few weeks, just so long as I can tell eventually. I think, from watching what little I could, that there are a splash and blue orp, and 2 blue rocks. Have 6 more pipped, so hopefully Ill be home so I can tell who is who.

Last edited:
Quote:
We have a similar problem with our children. But we worked it out eventually, and now lovingly call them grump, Whiny and Messy
smile.png

If their blue orps the legs are slate or dark... The buff orps have the white/pink tones... not sure on the colorings of the blue rocks, Yogiman has some blue rock chicks from Gordie.......Julie's splash have light legs almost white...or mine do from her....

Quote:
We have a similar problem with our children. But we worked it out eventually, and now lovingly call them grump, Whiny and Messy
smile.png

lau.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

Sounds like my household!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom