I think I'm addicted

brandola

In the Brooder
Dec 1, 2015
Hephzibah Georgia
So I have been a backyard chicken guy for about a month or so. I think I may have a problem. I am enjoying these birds a lot as is my family! Is this normal? We are already up to 8 birds!
2 RIR, 2 EE (1roo) , 2 Buff Orp, and 2 Black stars!
I hope this doesn't cause me to end up in a Chicken Anonymous group one day....

welcome-byc.gif

I think another name for BYC is Chickens Anonymous, lol. They are habit forming and that chicken math is a tough habit to break (but why would you want to?). And we're all terrible enablers here, no one is going to say you have enough birds.

Make yourself at home here, there's a ton of information and nice, helpful members.

Thanks for joining us!

Hi and welcome to BYC. Is it normal you ask? - it is here on the site
wink.png
. At least we can all talk chicken without getting weird looks
big_smile.png
which is therapy in itself.

All the best
CT

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. All of us here at BYC have OCD (Obsessive Chicken Disorder) and very few of us are immune to "chicken math." :eek:) Black Stars (Black Sex Links) are my personal favorites as they are very friendly and hardy laying machines. You should get loads of large brown eggs from those two girls. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Thank you for joining us at Backyard Chickens. Chicken addicts seem to be happiest with other chicken addicts - you'll do fine.

Back
Top Bottom