i think im gonna cry...

andrea98

Songster
10 Years
Apr 10, 2009
in my barnyard....ohio
i bought 8 banties from tsc... & 6 i think are roos for sure.. 3 of them are crowing & the other 3 are very red & comb looks very roo like ohh i wish some one in ohio would need a roo or too ...
wink.png
can any one help me out
wink.png

Be sure and ask TSC where there chicks are from and what sex are they. I just end up ordering what sex and breed of chicks that I want from Meyers Hatcher. So many times these hatcherys that send to TSC and others are sending them roos just to get rid of them. So not fair.

That would be a big dissapointment. To raise them to this point thinking you'd be getting eggs and end up with almost all roos. Were they bought as straight runs?

yes but i was 1st picker & was there when they opened the box so i figured i would at least get a few girls ...ya kno i just posted a few pics of them go have a look

Quote:
At least 3, possibly 4, of my 6 TSC chicks are roos, and they're NOT White Leghorns, they're red sex-links! When DH went to TSC to buy dog food last week, he asked the woman that worked there about it, and she told him they had that problem a lot this year. She said one woman bought 25 chicks and 20 of them were roos!! Needless to say, the woman was NOT happy!
rant.gif

Well, here in our HOA we're not supposed to have any of them, so I wasn't gonna' risk a roo at all. However, now that we have to move, I'm hoping we find a place where I can keep the one roo my son has fallen in love with and I'll take the rest to the farm where my daughter has her horses boarded. The man who owns the farm already said he'd take my "extras."

Back
Top Bottom