I think I'm starting to like deep litter. Maybe.

I did it! I guess we'll see what happens...

I did it! I guess we'll see what happens...
Are you going to add anything to that like kitchen veggie scraps? I also add other things when I have them like when I cut back my flowers that goes in my compost, and every once in a while I'll throw in some dirt to cover it all.
Ditto. I don't turn mine, either - it's a "passive" composting system. (Like most everything else in my life. :lol: )

I'm not sure. I was thinking about it. We always have coffee grounds, egg shells, and vegetable scraps. Should I try to add those things? If I didn't, would it still do ok?

Ditto.

I don't turn mine, either - it's a "passive" composting system. (Like most everything else in my life.
lol.png
)
Actually I let my chickens do the turning in my compost, then in the summer my ducks gather round and I get out the shovel and we have a worm party. they love that part.
wink.png
gryeyes, I like the passive approach too.

if you just leave your old waist it black bin bags somewhere out of the road it dose brake down really well and dose a graet job, but due to the fact there will be no worms in it it will take around a year for each bag to be ready.

Back
Top Bottom