I think it's kinda sad

willkatdawson

Songster
11 Years
Mar 31, 2008
Ga
A friend of mine is constantly taking pictures of her little girls falling asleep all over the house. There's photos of them asleep while eating, laying on the dog, there's even one where one of the girls is asleep in her bath tub safety seat. She thinks it's so funny, and adds the photos to emails and facebook, but I think it's a little sad. I had my children home and in their beds at nap time and bed time, even if it wasn't always the most convenient things for me. Maybe I'm too uptight, (she's not the only one who thinks it's funny) do I just need to loosen up?

It's not as bad as my cousins wife. She messes with her kids while their sleeping by putting gummy candy, drawing, and other things on their face while sleeping. She takes their photo and posts it on Facebook. I find that really cruel. We never tease our kids ever.

I'm in agreement with you.

DH and I prefer to do our grocery shopping at night. I'm always amazed at the number of children in the grocery store at 10, 11 o'clock at night - school nights even. When my kids were young my schedule worked around their nap and bedtime schedule. Sure beat dealing with a cranky, whiny, overtired kid in the store.

We have had the kids fall asleep in strange places. They don't always go to nap at consistent times because wake up time varies
hu.gif
. I would love to have a set nap time, it would make scheduling everything else easier. We have taken pics of them in some of the places they have fallen asleep but most of the time it is because they had such a busy/eventful day they passed out watching tv while I was cleaning up after dinner etc. It really depends on the reason/situation IMO. If they aren't getting a nap because she wants to hang with her girlfriends, I think that would be selfish. But sometimes things happen and kids fall asleep. Dh decided to have a battle of the wills with our eldest when she was 3. She didn't want her meatloaf and he wanted her to eat it. She fell asleep on the table while we were doing chores around her. I did take a pic and then we changed her and put her in bed. I am not big into the networking sites so posting anything, unless super cute(for example:little kid laying on dog while watching tv before bedtime). Not knowing the circumstances surrounding the pictures is important.
One of my nieces fell asleep everywhere, despite my sisters attempts to prevent it, I swear that kid is narcoleptic
lol.png

I got into a disagreement with one of my older sisters once. My daughter was about three years old at the time. My sister decided to call our mom and tattle on me.
roll.png

On the phone, sister said something to the affect, "Mom, she makes Kimberly lie down for a nap even if Kim doesn't want to sleep just so SHE can take a nap!"

My mom's response? "So!! What's wrong with that??? I wish I could have done that when you kids were little!"

Mom had six of us kids, each a year apart.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom