I think I've been scammed!

ginznchix

Songster
11 Years
Sep 27, 2010
South Jersey
Has anyone had any dealings with a company called Backyard Chicken Company? I've seen their chicken related items for sale through Facebook on and off and finally ordered a product from them. They took my money 13 days ago and I haven't heard boo from them since. Now looking in more depth at their FB page and the website that it connected to, it looks fake. I lost $30 but more importantly I have to report them if they're a scam. Anyone familiar with them? Thanks!

BTW I haven't been on here in a while and I'm rusty so I hope I'm posting correctly!

I am sorry this has happened to you. My husband and I were scammed and it is not a very good feeling.

You do know that this company is based in the United Kingdom? Anything you ordered, will probably take several weeks to get to you.

Please keep us posted.

There appear to be 2 of them on FB. Backyard Chicken Company is in the UK, and Backyard Chicken Co. is the one I ordered from, and ships from California supposedly. I've now seen some other complaints about them, but I still can't figure out if they're a scam or incompetent!

The website doesn't "look" scammy....
What a shame. I know that sometimes smaller companies can be difficult to work with. For instance, I ordered a skirt from a Jewish company in NY. The skirt never arrived and I spent 2 months trying to get in touch with them. Even after contacting them no one would maintain contact and then they took off two weeks around Easter as it is a religious holiday... The skirt had been discontinued but this was not updated on their website and they had a processing error.
It took four months and 50+ calls to get my money back so... hang in there.

Yes I did use a credit card which they charged immediately and I received a confirmation email the same day, but that's it. I've emailed twice in 2 different ways and received no response and I've seen similiar complaints on their FB page, although someone did complain about an item they actually did receive that then fell apart. I am beginning to believe it's somebody who started a home business and can't handle it. Who knows if I'll ever get my items but they certainly got their money quickly!

Back
Top Bottom