I think I've created a monster!

Mycookoonest

Songster
11 Years
May 29, 2008
Hudson Valley NY
So DH has been a little hesitant about this whole chicken hobby, but he did find a friend with Dolly our Silkie chick. Now he thinks it's pretty neat to feed them treats. He pretty much sees something in the fridge (edible of course, we're talking food for the kids) and gives it to the chickens. Today our chickens were treated to a ear of corn (raw), and just now some left over pasta.

I don't even get to give them a treat anymore he takes care of that for me!!!! Today he's digging and finds a few worms and tosses them to the chicks.

I'm cracking up because he was the one who nearly had a heart attack when i told him I bought some chicks from MPC... now he's the biggest chicken fanatic going!

Thats the way it seems to go with alot of people. My Husband is still playing the chicken "hater" (a year later) Im so waiting to catch him more in the act lol I do see him talking to them and once in a while just sitting there wathing them but thats it.

Since we moved to the country, I have asked my husband to build me a chicken coop.

Then one day a flock of free range Bandi Roos and Hens moved into the neighboorhood and took up residence between three houses. At first, the crowing between the two Roos drove him up the wall because the started at 2 AM and didn't stop until after 8 AM.

The next thing I know, we are at the feed store purchasing scratch.

Then one of the hens hatch 6 chicks next door and BAM the next thing I know we are going to be knee deep in Chicks the 1st week of August.

The next thing he tells me is that he is loosing sleep staying awake all night thinking about the coop/run construction.

Bless his heart! He has been revamping an old work shed for the past three weekends in the middle of the Texas heat preparing for their arrival.

Now he's telling his friends that he will be raising Chickens... I'll give him credit... he does say that I asked for them first... It's a scream.

I can only imagine our Chicken treat bill at the grocery store.... "Hum... will they like this or that or the other?" The dogs already eat us out of house & home as it is... but it will be well worth the investment!

My DH doesn't want chickens either, tries to be a hater.
And for some reason the chick always wants to jump in his lap. He says its to peck his eyes out! lol
lol.png

He has started a coop for me! There's still hope.
wink.png

Jeanette

Quote:
Same with my hubby. Everyday he keeps asking when he's going to see some return on his investment
lol.png
He keeps talking about putting them in the freezer, but he couldn't do it and he knows I know it! I love to catch him talking to the girls though when he doesn't know I'm around.

How could you hate a chicken. They are just too cool. I guess I'm the odd husband who had to convince his wife it was a good idea to raise chickens. And now she is cutting me off. "No more chickens!" she says. I mean, we only have 30. Thats not enough! I still need some Welsummers and some Sexlinks and some Anconas and some Sussexs and some.....

Back
Top Bottom