I think my Cochin hissed at me....Do chickens hiss?

winekntrychicks

Pooper Peeper
11 Years
Jul 26, 2008
Sebastopol, CA
Went down to tuck them in it was dark. My Cochin Rosie hissed and pecked at me....she's never done that before. What's up with that???
idunno.gif

OOOOOh. When mine do that I shine my flashlight in their face and holler NO!!!!! So far it's worked. The only hens that peck at me are the ones sitting in a nest when I reach under them.

Hens can hiss? Well, I learn somethin new everytime I log onto this wild site! I've had the livin heck pecked outta me before, but I aint never been hissed at LOL!

I've heard my hiss, mainly when they see the dog in their general area. They've also pecked and hissed at hubby, freaked him out... they just wanted mama to pick them up.

On the flip side, I swear my silkies purr when I pet them.

Chickens have tempers!
big_smile.png

I just got my buffs and when I reached in to pick up one she hissed . Just a few days old. That one has moxey. I will be socializing them well though. It was hilarious. Jean

I thought it was my imagination, then I thought oh no what's this new illness, then I thought well maybe its her wing brushing against the roost. So I turned on my flashlight and she was pecking at me and hissing. I don't think she liked me rubbing her chest feathers in the pitch black of darkness. I love my chickens they are so cool.

Back
Top Bottom