I think my ducks are sterile

@Miss Lydia
I want to make sure I’m giving these babies all they need to stay healthy and grow strong
I have added nutritional yeast to the feed but keep reading about vitamin B complex or poultry cell. I bought the vitamin B but not sure if it’s good for ducks. I have added a photo of what I got and the poultry cell I can buy.
Also how do I mix it ?
Can you please let me know what one would be best and how to use it.
Thank you in advance

Attachments

• F8CE444F-E784-4D7F-9660-CCB157EB4790.jpeg
    F8CE444F-E784-4D7F-9660-CCB157EB4790.jpeg
    198.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 9948ACBA-21B3-4478-AE49-F31F8A5BC39E.png
    9948ACBA-21B3-4478-AE49-F31F8A5BC39E.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
I've never used poultry cell but @HollowOfWisps has rec it, only problem with using the liquid b complex for humans is you have to use more for ducks. IF your in the US and have a TSC close the Durvet Liquid B complex is a real good one to have on hand. Use the Nutritional yeast 1 tab per cup of feed and have the liquid B complex on hand in case you have one show up with leg issues. Hopefully, it won't happen. Keep the liquid b complex in the frig. I see you already bought the B complex. So just keep it in the frig in case you need it and tell us how much B3 is in it. I think Hollowofwisps said she starts her ducklings out on the poultry cell. I have always used Poultry Nutri drench. Don't buy anything until you hear from her then research which one you'd like to use.

I've never used poultry cell but @HollowOfWisps has rec it, only problem with using the liquid b complex for humans is you have to use more for ducks. IF your in the US and have a TSC close the Durvet Liquid B complex is a real good one to have on hand. Use the Nutritional yeast 1 tab per cup of feed and have the liquid B complex on hand in case you have one show up with leg issues. Hopefully, it won't happen. Keep the liquid b complex in the frig. I see you already bought the B complex. So just keep it in the frig in case you need it and tell us how much B3 is in it. I think Hollowofwisps said she starts her ducklings out on the poultry cell. I have always used Poultry Nutri drench. Don't buy anything until you hear from her then research which one you'd like to use.
Okay thank you
Here is a picture of the ingredients

Attachments

• C0DC5875-C3F0-476D-A69D-C32DEE8BD16C.png
    C0DC5875-C3F0-476D-A69D-C32DEE8BD16C.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 1
I LOVE poultry cell and it has saved so many of my ducklings! For the first week all of my ducklings get poultry cell in a separate waterer. I just follow instructions on the bottle for the dilution rates. If I have a duckling that is struggling I draw .25cc in an oral syringe, place one single drop on the edge of the inside of their bill and allow them to "chew" a few times before placing another drop. I continue this slowly until the syringe is empty. After that I give my ducks a dose of poultry cell once a month diluted in their water overnight.

Okay thank you
Here is a picture of the ingredients
That looks good for using. You can offer over feed or a tasty treat like crushed up meal worms. I usually crush up mealworms for my ducklings until they are a couple weeks old. Not to fine but just take them in my hand and smash so they aren't as long.

Last edited:
That looks good for using. You can offer over feed or a tasty treat like crushed up meal worms. I usually crush up mealworms for my ducklings until they are a couple weeks old. Not to they are fine but just take them in my hand and smash so they aren't as long.
Thank you
I will try that.

I LOVE poultry cell and it has saved so many of my ducklings! For the first week all of my ducklings get poultry cell in a separate waterer. I just follow instructions on the bottle for the dilution rates. If I have a duckling that is struggling I draw .25cc in an oral syringe, place one single drop on the edge of the inside of their bill and allow them to "chew" a few times before placing another drop. I continue this slowly until the syringe is empty. After that I give my ducks a dose of poultry cell once a month diluted in their water overnight.
Thank you
I will order this one and get started
So far they look great but I have seen to often in posts things can go wrong quickly so want to make sure I’m doing all I can for them

Updated dried off babies
They are following the older sibling around. Even did some eating and lots of drinking ran around playing and now back sleeping under the heater

Attachments

• 72FE5815-5766-46AB-A5AE-5E886F9860B7.jpeg
    72FE5815-5766-46AB-A5AE-5E886F9860B7.jpeg
    372.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 6279170A-43D5-43DF-91BA-633AAE1A05C1.jpeg
    6279170A-43D5-43DF-91BA-633AAE1A05C1.jpeg
    335.5 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom