I think my favorite hen has CRD

Best I can tell, my hen still only has watery eyes. The terramycin doesn't seem to be doing much. I called my vet and he is getting some Baytril ready for me. He has Tylan but in powder form. I will give the Baytril tonight and hope it works. So far she is still eating and drinking well.

Love my Critters! :

Best I can tell, my hen still only has watery eyes. The terramycin doesn't seem to be doing much. I called my vet and he is getting some Baytril ready for me. He has Tylan but in powder form. I will give the Baytril tonight and hope it works. So far she is still eating and drinking well.

i used the water soluable tylan, i didn't think i could grab and inject 27 chickens on my own.​

Well it's been a long weekend. By the time I got to the vet she had no symptoms at all. Eating like a horse, and eyes were clear. The vet gave her the most extensive exam I have ever seen on a bird. Since she showed no symptoms, the vet game me some less potent medication. She gets it twice a day on a treat. The vet did have to show her off to all the other docs in the building. She was impressed with how big of a brahma she was. I've been watching her all weekend and all symptoms are gone. I'll continue her meds until it is gone just to make sure. Thanks for all the nice thoughts.

Faye

glad to hear she is doing well. you are lucky to have a vet willing to treat your birds!

if i showed up at my vets with a chicken (both my lg and sm animal vets) they'd both assume it was dinner time.
wink.png

It helps that my vet is a crazy chicken lady too. I didn't even have to tell the receptionist who I was seeing when I came in carring a chicken. They just knew is was Dr. Widham.

To a point they will. Since they have been exposed, they typically build a natural immunity to it, but nothing is 100%. Extreme stressful situations can still bring this out of any fowl, even the one you just treated. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom