I think my hen has alzheimers!

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
Two flocks (3+yr. old & 1+ year old), two coops, birds free range together all day but always go back to their respective coops at night.

I go to lock the birds up last night. Sunny, one of my 3 y.o. brahmas is in the youngsters coop. She's walking around, checking things out. I told her it was time to go home to her own coop, but she ignored me. Sunny walked the length of the roosts before deciding on a spot to roost. I told her she'd never manage to fly her fat, fluffy butt up to the roost (the roost in the brahma coop are much lower because of the brahmas large size). She managed to fly up there anyways. This totally freaked out the younger birds that aren't used to roosting with a giant.

I waited a few minutes, asked Sunny if she was sure. She seemed to be, so I bid em all goodnight and locked up the coop. I turned my attention to taking care of the brahma girls and locking them up. All of a sudden I hear screeching from the baby coop. I returned to it to find Sunny pacing at the door of the coop, wanting out bad. I unlocked the door and Sunny came hopping out. She walked to her coop, I had to hold the human door open for her. Sunny hopped in, jumped up on a roost, tucked her head under her wing and went to sleep.

Said it before and I'll say it again. Chickens are weird.
roll.png

That's SO cute! I have a hen that loves my 3 month old chicks SO much, she plays Houdini, and some how (she's pretty fat) fly's over my 6 foot fence. Once I start on my "chick chores" she runs up to me and wants out!
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom