I think my turner stopped!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lockedhearts, Mar 30, 2008.

1. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    My turner on my brand new bator has been pretty much in the same position since yesterday afternoon. I know it turns slowly but we are 3 days into this hatch and wondring if anyone has had a turner quit before? I won't be able to get a new turner until tomorrow afternoon, should I just watch it or turn them some myself? I finally got the humidity about 40-45 and hate to keep opening the bator. The temp is staying steady at 100

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Check to be sure the little arm that hooks onto is hasn't gotten bumped off. That happened to me once.

3. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Thanks, I will.

4. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    Quote:That was my first thought, too, Cyn! Been there also! [​IMG]

Dawn

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Been there too....that was my first thought!

6. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I checked the rod/hook and it is intact. It is definitely not moving [​IMG] I got it from Double R Supply and I hope they will make it right. My local feed store carries turners and I will get another tomorrow until Double R fixes this issue.
    How much should I turn them between now and tomorrow?
    It is right now 3 full days since they went in. Should I just tilt them back and forth in the turner as this is what has been done?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by