I think pullet is broody

kelliepulido

Songster
11 Years
Mar 18, 2008
st.john's mi
My girl has been sitting in her nest box for the last couple of days and has not got out.She is sitting on a golf ball.I put todays eggs under her and we will see how long she sits.She got them all tucked under her with her little beak and her wings and she hunkers down fluffs out her feathers and there she sits as happy as a clam.I put some food along next to her which she ate.I gave her 6 eggs she is a little bantam mix.

I will have to take some pixs of my little bunch of banties they are all so cute.I have cochins frizzles,2 roos one white and one black with red feathers on his neck,back and tail.4 of the girls are mixes,2 of them look like light braham mixes and 2 look like polish/silkie mixes.All are banties.They parade in and out of their coop all day long doing all kinds of chicken business.I never knew how much chicken business there really was.The little roos crack me up.Eddie the white one struts around like a little mob boss all he needs is a cigar.The black one worries about the girls alot when ever I bring food he picks up a little twig and starts make all these little noises for the girls to come run over for treats.Yesterday I had to pick up the little hen and put her in the run of course she screamed and the black roo thought I was killing her and he tried to flog me.Well Eddie thought Cletus was trying to fight with him and the chase was on.He ran himm in and out of the coop and in and out of the runs for quite awhile.

Back
Top Bottom