I think she is a he?

ScooterMcPooters

Chirping
Oct 24, 2018
I ordered 4 female ducks from a hatchery and I think one of my khaki campbells is a male? They are about 3 months old It’s head seems pretty dark in comparison to the other one and the voice sounds a bit different. I haven’t seen the curly feather but I’m not sure if it’s there or not. They are pretty skittish. Just wondering if someone with more experience could let me know what they think. 🙃

Attachments

• 99B34A76-B95A-47C0-BA7F-F7FC6C12AD7E.jpeg
    99B34A76-B95A-47C0-BA7F-F7FC6C12AD7E.jpeg
    686.1 KB · Views: 47
both khakis look like drakes to me, i’m also attaching a chart i made a year ago to sex khakis by tail color just incase you aren’t sure
I hope they aren’t both drakes, I swear I’ve heard the other one quack. Sometimes it’s hard to tell who’s quacking when they’re across the yard. Thanks for the chart! I’ll double check when I let them out this morning. 😬

I ordered 4 female ducks from a hatchery and I think one of my khaki campbells is a male? They are about 3 months old It’s head seems pretty dark in comparison to the other one and the voice sounds a bit different. I haven’t seen the curly feather but I’m not sure if it’s there or not. They are pretty skittish. Just wondering if someone with more experience could let me know what they think. 🙃
Can you get better pics? So far the Khakis look BOTH like drakes

They aren’t the best, but here are some more pics. I do wonder if the one is female. I was able to pick her up and I think I see the two toned feathers and a distinct quack. Lord I hope so anyway. I didn’t want one drake let alone two. 😂
Can you get better pics? So far the Khakis look BOTH like drakes
C337C944-8D09-4425-B622-15BF8C57A93F.jpeg
E013CAB9-2572-4149-B91B-0AD489A48469.jpeg
BCEE016C-B4BD-4B74-AD2F-1DCED6EB7A0E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom