I think theres something wrong with my bird???

Paige14

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 27, 2014
So today when i gave my lovebirds water i noticed one of the was weezing. Like the sound we make when we have a runny nose. He is 7 months old and his nose is really runny. He was up on the perch but hesitated to come down until i put my hand in. I hope that hes not sick. And i dont want to take him to the vet because that can be very expensive. Im going to seperate him when i get home so i can keep an eye on him and so the others dont get sick. He was eating and drinking and flying two days ago. I am very worried. Am i just worrying to much? Someone please help!!??

It definitely sounds like he has some sort of respiratory illness going on, but it can be near impossible to determine what without taking him to the vet.

I would definitely separate him, but your best bet for a full recovery is a trip to the vet. Otherwise, he may improve on his own or he may get worse. Unfortunately birds are really good at hiding their illnesses until they are really, really sick.

I hope he improves!

He is doing much better. The water from his nose stopped after a few hours from when i first saw it. He is now playing with the others and has more energy. I will continue to keep an eye on him. Thank you!!

This happened to one of my budgies. I went out and bought some vitamins in the form of liquid that i add to his water and a couple hours later he was much better!

Back
Top Bottom