I think two pullets...yes?

schafer02

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 23, 2014
These were hatched here at our house from an hatching egg provider on e-bay...they are supposed to be Easter eggers...and the eggs I put in the incubator were sky blue. But they don't look like EEs to me. They have smooth faces and both have feathers on their feet. What are they?

Yes, both of them look like pullets. I agree with you that they don't look like Easter Eggers, though. Maybe they're an Easter Egger mix?

They are both beautiful Easter Eggers but it's a little difficult to tell whether they're pullets or cockerels. Clear close up photos of their combs and tails would help if you can get them. Also, what are their ages?

There is no breed standard for EE's because they are mixes to begin with, they just carry a blue egg gene. Some have beards and tufts and others have smooth faces. Their comb types can vary too. The feathered legs would come from whatever breed(s) are in the mix.

Probably not Easter Eggers, but both do look like pullets. I don't see any "typical" Easter Egger characteristics (usually-not always, as they are a crossbreed and can be made of many different breeds-Easter Eggers have ear muff/tufts, green legs, and pea combs). If they are Easter Eggers, I don't think that they'll lay colored eggs.

Personally, to me, they just look like Cochin mixes. They are both pullets.

Probably not Easter Eggers, but both do look like pullets. I don't see any "typical" Easter Egger characteristics (usually-not always, as they are a crossbreed and can be made of many different breeds-Easter Eggers have ear muff/tufts, green legs, and pea combs). If they are Easter Eggers, I don't think that they'll lay colored eggs.

Personally, to me, they just look like Cochin mixes. They are both pullets.

I agree that they look like they have cochin in the mix but having/had smooth-faced EEs myself (one laying pink and the other laying blue), the fact that these two don't have the muffs/tufts doesn't surprise me. They were also hatched from blue eggs so they'll be at least carrying the blue egg gene, which would no doubt make them EEs.

There is no breed standard for EE's because they are mixes to begin with, they just carry a blue egg gene.  Some have beards and tufts and others have smooth faces. Their comb types can vary too. The feathered legs would come from whatever breed(s) are in the mix. 

X2 very cute EEs!

Back
Top Bottom