I think we may some problems, dying birds

wrestling_mom

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 3, 2011
Henderson County, NC
2 days ago, a little banty died, no idea what type it is, got it from TSC. Yesterday, one of our 9 week olds died, we have one in quarantine (my husband calls them little Mexican birds. No idea why, and that is the type that died as well.) Now, we have one that can't walk correctly, and a splayed out to one side wing. The one that died yesterday, my husband thinks may have been the victim of bullying (an old refrigerator crisper type box that dh used for a nest was on it, like they might have gotten in a fuss and flipped it over. So, is there a chance that the other one may have been injured too, or is this a huge warning sign? We have 15 hens and one rooster in there, and I don't want to lose them all.

Quote:
I should add that the little Mexican birds we have had in the past always just drop dead. They are TINY chickens, at the age of 5 months, they are the size of 3 week old RIR.

My husband just told me there are feathers from the white one all over the place. OUTSIDE the cage......our birds are NEVER outside the cages.

Now, we think we have a predator. Both chickens were dead after church, both in separate cages, both missing their heads. The whiye one looks like it was eaten alive
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom