I though DH was going to have a heart attack when he saw

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by 4boysmom, Mar 27, 2008.

1. 4boysmom

4boysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2007
    how many eggs I have in the bator!!!!

All the girls I ordered from sent extras & I set 4 of my own....ended up with 49! would have had 50, but ds#3 dropped 1. Now he's trying to figure out what I'm going to do with so many!

These are for a couple of classes at my kids school & I wanted plenty to possibly hatch, just didn't mean to end up with 49!!!!! Anyway, I have another family that may take a few & after I pick my favorites, I will probably have to sell a few (boo hoo ) because we definitely don't have room for all those chicks!!!! We have 4 that are a year old & 3 in my living room that are 2-3 weeks old!!!

I just hope a BUNCH hatch - Dipsy Doodle Doo sent me a couple of surprises that I can't wait to see!

2. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    [​IMG]
    That could be a lot of chicks!

3. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* Golly!- sounds like you'll prob'ly have so many hatching at one time that you won't know WHERE TO LOOK!!!

4. 4boysmom

4boysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2007
    They are staggered slightly...17 went in Tuesday night and the other uh.....32 went in Wednesday night....

Trying to plan how to move them from the turner....do you think it would be ok to move the 1st set on day 18.5 and the other set on day 17.5?

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

That's the advantage to having my incubators in the basement....he never goes down there, so he doesn't know how many I've got in them!!!

6. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    [​IMG] I had the same problem yesterday. It was funny watching him count them. Then tonight when he came home he said, "The guys at work figure that with my luck not only will they all hatch, some will even be twins." [​IMG]

7. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Hubby knows exactly howmany I have and he seems ok with it [​IMG]
    As someone in a previous post somewhere said "he's a good enabler" [​IMG]

8. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Mine would be asking"So what can i put on the Harley now?" he knows when i get something out of the norm i let him buy a piece of chrome for the bike.

9. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    My DH is out of town and missed my first hatch:(, But as I was telling him about the amazing thng he was missing, he asked how many eggs I had collected for the next hatch!!!!!!!( Wow, I hadn't even thought about that yet!!!! ) so I hurried outside and started collecting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He even volunteered to finish the loft in the barn!!!! (started 5 years ago) so I would have more room to put them!!!!
    What a great enabler!!!!! ah, I mean hubby:love

10. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Quote:[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by