I thought everyone would get a kick out of this

docdubz

Songster
5 Years
Nov 24, 2016
Central Texas
Usually I'm spending the end of the day by sitting on the tailgate of my truck about 20 feet from the coop. So when my chickens go in to lay down for the night I usually don't close the door until I'm going in for the night or I have to go leave to do something else. Today my birds called me out on my laziness. Instead of going into the coop the moment the sun hit the horizon like they normally do they all gathered by the gate to their run, looked at me like I'm a four letter word and then one of them started barking like a dog until I realized what they were demanding. As soon as I started walking toward their gate they all went right in the coop waiting for me to lock it. I refilled their food and then went to go clean their waterer for the night and when they realized I was leaving without closing the door one of the whiterock roos jumped back out and began protesting until I returned.

The personalities on these birds astounds me daily.

Usually I'm spending the end of the day by sitting on the tailgate of my truck about 20 feet from the coop. So when my chickens go in to lay down for the night I usually don't close the door until I'm going in for the night or I have to go leave to do something else. Today my birds called me out on my laziness. Instead of going into the coop the moment the sun hit the horizon like they normally do they all gathered by the gate to their run, looked at me like I'm a four letter word and then one of them started barking like a dog until I realized what they were demanding. As soon as I started walking toward their gate they all went right in the coop waiting for me to lock it. I refilled their food and then went to go clean their waterer for the night and when they realized I was leaving without closing the door one of the whiterock roos jumped back out and began protesting until I returned.

The personalities on these birds astounds me daily.
Too cute 😂 thanks for sharing! Made me smile

Back
Top Bottom