I tried them but now selling them

jackiedon

Songster
12 Years
Jun 4, 2007
Central Arkansas
Guineas that is. I have 7 that are 3 months old and the beat up on my silkies so bad that I'm getting rid of them. A guy my husband works with wanted some so I'm selling them to him. The are pretty but too mean. I think with my chickens free ranging they will take care of bugs.

jackie

Eat them. Guinea is good meat. Very much like chicken. Lock them up a few days and feed them some corn if they free range. Cleans them out. Lots of fresh water. Then do the deed. Set them in the fridge over 24 hours. They will keep well in your freezer. I like mine roasted in the oven just like a chicken.

Last edited:
I think I will just sell them. This guy has been wanting some so I'll take the money and run
wink.png

jackie

Sorry it worked out that way, Jackie. My friend Robin and I can tell you stories about guinea attacks. She has almost all Silkies herself and hers do not mix with the Silkies. Mine were rehomed, but it was with much soulsearching and trying different things. I was very attached to them since I had put lots of time and effort into making them very tame. They seem to do better in larger guinea groups and when they pass the terrible teen stages.

Back
Top Bottom