I tried wooden eggs to keep hens laying in nest

TGinTX

Chirping
Jul 15, 2020
1695835831449.png

The photo is not my hen. But you get the idea. I was taking all the eggs and sometimes a few hens would lay wherever they wanted. I left some wooden eggs in the nest & it seemed to fix the issue. All hens laid in the nest - the same nest for some reason. I only started this about 2 weeks ago. And now I have a hen trying to hatch out wooden eggs. Fix one problem and create another.

Mine like the wooden eggs too. I thought now that they are laying daily and used to going into the boxes, i could take the fake ones out. wrong! After I did that is when I found eggs elsewhere in the coop. So now I just leave them in, one egg per box (6 boxes).

View attachment 3646637

The photo is not my hen. But you get the idea. I was taking all the eggs and sometimes a few hens would lay wherever they wanted. I left some wooden eggs in the nest & it seemed to fix the issue. All hens laid in the nest - the same nest for some reason. I only started this about 2 weeks ago. And now I have a hen trying to hatch out wooden eggs. Fix one problem and create another.
After 21 days put a little wooden chick under her 🤣

Back
Top Bottom