I understand intros are in order here? Glad I found this place!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by aljiv, Jan 11, 2010.

1. aljiv

aljiv Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2010
    Kalamazoo, Mi
    Hi all! I had a small flock with 3 polish, 4 silkies (fuzzy's my daughter says), and 5 easter eggers. Unforturnetly 2 years after first aquiring my chicks, I ended up losing them in my divorce. [​IMG] However, I'm now married again [​IMG] and we're looking for a house. My new wife dosn't realy understand my holding out for a place I can raise a new flock, but I'm sure she'll come around, especially since she wants room for a garden. She'll find the chickens a real asset there...I hope. Anyway, I've been lurking here for a few weeks trying to get chickens out of my system. Not doing so well. I really miss the charm of having my "roaming yard art". Plus after having REAL fresh eggs, its very hard to go back to store bought. Am I the only one that finds these bland? At any rate, I'm trying to find someone or someplace to get some day old chicks. I would really like a few different breeds this time as well. I'm thinking Polish, Silkies and easter eggers like before. Plus maybe Cubalayas and Japanese this time. What do you think?

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida! Glad you joined us! Hope you get some chickens soon! [​IMG]

3. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    [​IMG] from NC, [​IMG]

4. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    [​IMG]

5. Hello and [​IMG] from Missouri glad you joined us! [​IMG]

Fay

6. rosaline