I unintentionally killed a Rooster..

I hope so. I think him flailing about, looking like he was in pain. Is what really got to me. I just felt so awful that, that was how his life was ended. So, chaotically.

You guys are probably right, with the fact that he was probably already dead, and if he was. Well, I really hope he was. I wouldn't want him to have had to live through that. I just imagine, what if it was me? What if it was me who got his head smashed. I dunno, this has been a moral conflict for me.

One thing, well really, a couple things that I've gotten out of this experience is; Life is beautiful, but is also very fragile. Just like TwoCrows said, it's also very short and fleeting. A life can be ended easily, I think that can be said for anything. I've learned that... If I have to fight, in any point in my life. That I should fight to protect. Causing harm to another, is a very serious thing. I dunno, I guess I didn't fathom the magnitude of it before.

Nevertheless, everyone on this thread gives me a little more hope and happiness. I do feel bad that i took his life so abruptly, but you guys are definitely helping me with these emotions. Thank you once again.
Our journey through life revolves around so many events, all of which are learning opportunities. The more encounters we have with things that do throw us for a loop and we don't get too caught up and stop too long on these events, learn and move on, the better we become as human beings. This incident is fresh on your mind, sounds like you learned something about the fragility of life, and now it is time to let it go and continue on your path in life. After a lifetime of trials and errors hopefully we have learned and grew a few inches taller. So when we look back on life in our older age, we can see how far we have come, how we have evolved into better people with love and compassion in our hearts. I can tell you have great compassion in your heart, understanding how he may have suffered those last few moments. No one will ever know if he did or not, but you understand empathy...somethings so many people around the world need more of...to be able to put yourself in someone else's shoes. We are all created equal in the eyes of the Creator, animals included. We all come from that same creative force. And I can see that you relate.
hugs.gif

Try not to dwell on this too much. Nothing is accidental in life. This was part of the plan all along. You will heal over time. The worst thing you can do is let this scar you. Forgive yourself and continue growing and moving forward in life. If you do this, I promise you will gain much stability, strength and joy for life. Peace of mind is priceless...it is the only permanent thing we can hope to attain.
hugs.gif

Hi,
The killing out of anger is a clincher. (a fact, argument, or event that settles a matter conclusively)
Something you did and cannot fix it differently, like apologizing or paying money to fix a car you damaged,
This is a very hard one to reconcile inside ones self.
The Lord would want you to forgive yourself. He does not want you to suffer He does understand
your heart.
You are a Dear one.
Putting your caring into keeping a person or animals in good health is a lesson from which you can turn this around.
Think of it as learning up or graduating to the next level of your emotional education.
The others have been so kind and understanding and their words are wisdom.

Marygrace.

Thank you so much for all of the overwhelming support. It's really helped me. Everytime I've come on and read the posts, it's brought me to tears almost. I'm gonna try and keep moving forward. This situation has really given me a new perspective on life, as a whole. It's a incredible lesson, it came at quite the cost though.. I can't let his death be entirely in vain, that's one thing I feel as though I could do for him.

Back
Top Bottom