I wanna cross breed my silkie roo with some heat tolerant breed

I did some research. All the heat tolerant only breeds are flighty or non-hearty.

The only hearty, non-flighty chickens I found were heat and cold tolerant. These also do well in confinement, but prefer a large pen and some free range time.
Egg production is weekly average and can vary from hatchery to hatchery, as can broody behavior.

Brahma; 3 eggs, broody.

Delaware; 4 eggs.

Naked Neck; 4 eggs.

New Hampshire Red; 5 eggs, can be broody.

Rhode Island Red; 6 eggs, hens can be aggressive to other breeds, I will find out myself, as I have 4 Rhode Island Reds and 4 Barred Rocks as chicks nearly 6 weeks old.View attachment 2729528
So far they get along.
Barred Rocks are people friendly, they come to me and I can pet them.
Rhode Island Reds are slowly coming closer to me but I have yet to pet one. GC

The Naked Neck's can go broody too! I just rehomed my NN/Breese mixed hen that went broody 2 times this year already. She was a good layer when she wasn't trying to go broody, and layed large eggs.

I did some research. All the heat tolerant only breeds are flighty or non-hearty.

The only hearty, non-flighty chickens I found were heat and cold tolerant. These also do well in confinement, but prefer a large pen and some free range time.
Egg production is weekly average and can vary from hatchery to hatchery, as can broody behavior.

Brahma; 3 eggs, broody.

Delaware; 4 eggs.

Naked Neck; 4 eggs.

New Hampshire Red; 5 eggs, can be broody.

Rhode Island Red; 6 eggs, hens can be aggressive to other breeds, I will find out myself, as I have 4 Rhode Island Reds and 4 Barred Rocks as chicks nearly 6 weeks old.View attachment 2729528
So far they get along.
Barred Rocks are people friendly, they come to me and I can pet them.
Rhode Island Reds are slowly coming closer to me but I have yet to pet one. GC
so when trust has been gained and you can pick them up they wont be as flighty, right?

Back
Top Bottom