i want a roo, but no cokckadoodledoo

Quote:
Yes, they did. Two of them as a matter of fact.

Quote:
It's not "starting" anything. *YOU* asked for opinions. You got them. If you don't like them, don't ask for them, but don't get rude and start pissing and moaning about the opinions you're given when you ask for them.

Quote:
Explain how caged hens that are well fed (they wouldn't produce enough eggs for the stores to sell to the public if they weren't), well watered, temperature controlled buildings (again, if the chickens weren't taken care of, the heat stress would cause them to quit laying), and plenty of other hens around them to 'talk' to, is so cruel. Just because they're not able to get out and forage, doesn't mean they're not satisfied. Unless one can understand a chickens mind, no one can truly say they're really very bad off. They're chickens, not chimps or apes with a much higher intelligence.

Quote:
Yes you can make your coop as dark as possible and it will cut down on the crowing.

If you want a roo for breeding or protection caponizing a rooster is castration, so he's not going to be able to breed or feel any need to protect his flock. And like some else mentioned, he won't look like a typical rooster.

Just shut the coop up at tight as possible so little or no light comes in...or find him a new home.

Just my opinion, which my dh usually says doesn't amount to much anyway ,part of the joy of having chickens is hearing the roos crow. mine just started crowing this morning,and i sat on the back porch and just listened to him, he sounded a little croupy but i love it anyway,
smile.png

Mother to 24 RIR, 1 pitt bull,1 poodle mix,1 yorky and l very dear DH

I love to hear my three roosters crow in the morning. And I don't care what the neighbors think-if they dont want to hear a rooster crow in the country, then they should move back to the city where they came from.

Back
Top Bottom