I want chickens in Green Twp Ohio

I, unfortunately, won't be able to attend. I have small children who have an early bedtime and my husband is going out of town on a business trip. I'll probably call HCP on Thursday or Friday to see what happened with it. If anyone else can go, please do!

FYI I didn't call her back immediately after the meeting but did call her sometime in the last two weeks. All changes to urban agriculture/livestock have been put on the back burner. Seems Miami Township collected enough signatures to get themselves zoned and the everyone in the zoning office has to work on that paper work so that it is done in time for the next election. :(

clap.gif

I live in the Green Twp. Ohio area and i too would like to change the law about backyard chickens. one day i said to myself i would like to raise chicks from eggs and watch them grow but i didnt know if it was legal or not snd i found out that its not legal.

I lived in green township and the guy down the road had chickens my mom told me. I don't remember but she swears they did. This was at the end of biehl ave street with nick and toms at the end of it. They had a bit of land and mainly woods around them though on that lot. I want to go back to green township but I dont want to give up my chickens mainly the slikies we just hatched out for my son. Any word if they are letting chickens yet?

Currently you are still not able to have chickens in Green Twp :( I just checked with my neighbors on either side of my house if they would mind if I had some chickens and they both said no and have been fascinated with my chickens since I got them in August. I only have 2 easter eggers and they don't make too much noise to bother anyone. Good luck!!

Currently you are still not able to have chickens in Green Twp :( I just checked with my neighbors on either side of my house if they would mind if I had some chickens and they both said no and have been fascinated with my chickens since I got them in August. I only have 2 easter eggers and they don't make too much noise to bother anyone. Good luck!!

yeah I found out the person who had them at end of my street was out of green township but I don't see how at least the plows and water lines didn't go that far. If I move back home I would only want to bring our silkies maybe I could make them walk behind each other in pairs and pass them off as a toy golden poodle or something lol

It just so happens that me and my family live in green township. I have 10 acres, but I would love to be apart of a petition in the town to change the law. I though you were allowed to have hens with under 5 acres, just not roosters? Maybe I'm wrong

Back
Top Bottom