I want to See Your Flowers! (Caution, pic heavy!)

TommyDaDelaware

Songster
7 Years
Aug 24, 2012
Central WI.
I know I have an addiction to flower photography. Anyone Else have this Problem? Lol. I love seeing some nice Close Up photography of anything though, So feel free to share your wonderfully Detailed Macro-Photography (I believe that's the name for the highly detailed close ups... Lol.) Here's some of mine! :)

Shrubby Cinquefoil

A Spotted tiger Lilly

Zucchini Flower.

Zucchini Flower with the Details of raindrops.

Above is a Skyrocket (Ipomopsis aggregata)

American Bistort (Polygonum bistortoides)

Bitterroot (Lewisia rediviva)

Bull Thistle (Cirsium vulgare)

Cutleaf Daisy (Erigeron compositus)

Plains Prickly Pear (Opuntia polycantha)

Rocky Mountain Pond Lily (Nuphar polysepala)

Sego Lily (Calochortus nutallii)

Showy Skeletonweed (Lycodesmia grandiflora)

aaand lastly (but not least) Yellow Indian Paintbrush

Well how fun! You have some very nice pictures, TommyDaDelaware! Nice job! Love how you use the Latin name for correct and absolute identification. :)

Some of these I took, the rest my husband. We are very much into the native plants in our area. We even have our very own website dedicated to plant identification in our area! Wahoo!

Asclepias asperula - Milkweed

Datura stramonium (? not 100% on the species ?) - Jimson Weed

Thermopsis montana - Golden Banner - with Annabelle

Ipomopsis aggregata - Scarlet Gilia

Iris missouriensis - Blue Flag

Yucca bacata - Yucca - flowers

Penstemon barbatus - Scarlet Bugler

Phaecelia sericea - Purple Fringe

Chamerion danielsii - Fireweed

Gentiana parryi - Fringed Gentian

Amelanchier alnifolia - Serviceberry

Aquilegia elegantula - Western Red Columbine

Calypso bulbosa - Fairy Slipper

Oh, just wondering (and I'm sorry if I'm nit-picking!!! ) but is that last picture Chrysothamnus, not Castilleja? Again, sorry if I sound pompous!

Thanks for starting a nice thread!

oh No! I Forgot one of my Favorite pictures from this year!! I've seen this flower (Well actually fruit) only in Books, and while going to climb a mountain this year while visiting my Grandma, I Found It for myself!! :D I was so excited!

I Introduce to you the Fruit of Astragalus ceramicus better known as Painted Milkvetch. :)

yeah. Well most of my wildflower pictures have been taken when I visit my Grandma in Central Wyoming. Here In WI we don't have the Sego Lily or Bistorts. But apparently we do have a species of Indian Paintbrush.

Back
Top Bottom