1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I want to use my old iPhone as a cam in my coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by FaerieGlynne, Apr 20, 2016.

1. FaerieGlynne

FaerieGlynne Out Of The Brooder

Jan 10, 2016
    Clackamas County Oregon
    I don't think I'll be able to get it on the wifi accept when I go out to the coop with my current phone and can use my hotspot. I can keep it plugged in and charged all the time though. Does anyone else do this? I'm curious as to which App you've used and had the most success with.
    I tired to look if this was already in a thread but didn't find anything in the couple searched I did.
    Thanks in advance for your help!

2. cavemanrich

cavemanrich Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    I know what you want to do , and think the following may be an easier option. Not sure how long your I phone would stay connected...[​IMG] This is made for the specific purpose. This is just a random listing and it is NOT SOMETHING I SELL. There are many just like this so make your own choice.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Home-Su...464333?hash=item3ab07386cd:g:tFcAAOSwyQtV0fmC
    It also has night vision which your phone may not.
    WISHING YOU BEST [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by