I was overdue for chicken ownership!

Red Horse

Songster
May 16, 2022
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I have taken care of lots of other peoples' chickens during my college career farm-sitting, but I'm just now getting my own!
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

8 brand-new 12 hour old babies.

(3) What breeds do you have?

I'm trying out Golden Comets, Speckled Sussex, Cuckoo Marans, Buff Oprington, Olive Egger, and Barnevelder.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

The fresh eggs! I also miss farm work and they make that possible on my one-acre property.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies

Horses, cooking & baking and gardening.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I'm not allowed indoor pets because I currently bake for local farmers markets. I can't wait to supplement my egg supply with those from my outside feather buddies!
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome com

I have done a crazy amount of research for about the last year before committing to my own flock and most of my questions were already answered here! I think its amazing that so many people support/and are supported by one another here and I can't wait for the day when I can finally help someone else too.

Back
Top Bottom