I was told this was an Araucana but these people have failed before

I bought a chicken from this place before and they told me it was a Ameraucana and it was the size of a japanese and never laid an egg. it looked like a Ancona bantam or something, but thats another bird from there. The one i'm asking about is very pretty and i bought his mate. I was told Araucana... Is this correct?

The female is on the far left. male on far right. middle is a mottled cochin i bought with them and i also bought a frizzled plymouth barred rock.

Bought this one too! I was told he was a Dutch Bantam... Is he?

no those are not araucana. cant really see the hen but the roo looks to have game fowl in him

the dutch looks right though poor quility

not in the USA, true araucanas don't have a tail. Ameraicanas have tails and so do the hatchery araucanas/ ameraicanas which in reality are easter eggers

heres some pictures of my true araucana roosters

here is a cross of araucana and a silkie that came off with the tuffs that araucana can get

It's not an Araucana either by USA or by UK/AU definitions. If it was USA, it would be missing the final peice of it's spine (rendering it tail-less). And it most definitely would NOT have a straight comb.

If it was UK/AU, it would have a vaulted skull.

They are barnyard mixes with heavy game influence. Sorry.

I honestly don't care about the whole " Purebred " birds! I get what I get and when they're on the farm they stay on the farm!
1f60a.png

Thanks! I will post clearer pics ASAP

dont forget that there are tailed araucana here that are used in breedings but again they are not araucana but they maybe ee's if they carry they blue egg laying gene

Back
Top Bottom