I washed an egg.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by PotterWatch, Dec 18, 2008.

1. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Ummm, I think I had an egg in my pocket yesterday when I got distracted by the fact that the goat house was leaking. I cleaned out the goat house, put some plastic sheeting on the top to keep it from leaking more during the rainstorm, and then put fresh bedding back in it. by the time I was done, I was dirty and wet from the rain. I came in and immediately took off my clothes and threw them in the washer. I put the clothes in the dryer this morning. I just went to empty the dryer and found eggshell all over inside the dryer. I think I must have still had that egg in my pocket (I can't remember putting it away in the kitchen). I looked in the washer and sure enough, there is eggshell in there too! Guess I need to quit putting eggs in my pocket when I collect them... [​IMG] .

2. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Been there, done that... [​IMG]

3. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Oh my! I forgot I had one in my coat pocket the other morning. The dog laid on my coat! What a mess I had oozing out of my pocket!!

4. kodiakchicken

kodiakchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    Kodiak, Alaska
    At least it was all clean when you discovered what you did! I've put eggs in my coat pocket and then gotten busy cleaning the coop and accidently bang the shovel against my pocket - not something you want to pull out of your pocket!!!

5. justhatchin

justhatchin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2008
    Galva, Kansas
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Quail eggs are my favorite -you can put several in your coat pocket 8-10. [​IMG]

[​IMG] ewy gooey!!

So shocking to forget and stick your hand in the pocket!

6. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    ha ha....I went out with my mom one day for some dr's tests for my back and I wasn't able to eat all day so when the tests were done she drove me to a restuarant and as we stood at the front to pay the bills...I put my hand in my pocket and pulled out an intact egg and then put it back in my pocket.

The lady looks at me and says, "Did you just pull an egg out of your pocket? That's weird."

ha ha ha ha.

Somehow on the trip home....it broke.

me,
    g

7. RockyToggRanch

RockyToggRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    What a pleasant suprise in the morning, pulling an egg out of my pocket that had been forgotten the night before. Always makes me smile.

8. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Quote:Been there done that, but did not put my coat in the washer! then wondered where the smell was coming from.....phew!!! stinky broken egg, learned my lesson though!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by