I went to the store for more chicks, came back with ducks

Personally....I would leave the vent sexing to very experienced people. I wouldn't want my curiosity to end up costing me a duck by accidentally injuring one.

That drake feather comes in way after the quack vs squeak. Voice sexing is easy once they start quacking or in males more of a smoker squeak.

Ugh I wish my TSC would order more ducklings I wanted to get more but every hatchery has a min of like 10-15 and I only want 6 more tops... plus my husband might kill me if I order 15 ducks lol
Ask them to order you some ducklings. The feed stores here will do that. You just have to find the person responsible for the ordering and talk to them. I just ordered six Light Brahma pullets from my feed store. It'll take a month because of the chick shortages, but I'll get females. I hatched a dozen and got only two pullets--lost one to a predator, so I wanted more.

@Miss Lydia for the waterer recommendation, it’s working great

8EF779DB-241F-434F-AF55-96E35442D9B1.gif

Our mail carrier delivered a package today and I asked him about shipping he said it’s crazy right now and not a good time to be ordering live poultry because so many people are home an ordering on line which is over whelming the postal service. He said only him now usually has 50 packages a week to deliver now it’s over 300 we are rural so imagine what is going on in large cities.

Our mail carrier delivered a package today and I asked him about shipping he said it’s crazy right now and not a good time to be ordering live poultry because so many people are home an ordering on line which is over whelming the postal service. He said only him now usually has 50 packages a week to deliver now it’s over 300 we are rural so imagine what is going on in large cities.

Wow, that’s crazy. Glad i didn’t follow through with trying to order online when I was debating it a few weeks ago.

So the first time trying to give them the B complex was a mess. Tried a syringe to the beak but they wanted nothing to do with it.

This morning I put some of their food, shredded lettuce and the complex in a small dish. Added water and got it mushy then fed to them. They ate it up quick. That will be my method going forward for sure. Thanks for the help.

That stuff stinks though. I still smell it on my hands 4 hours and 3 hand washes later.

Back
Top Bottom