I wise they would realize this is not just some passing fad of mine!

Quote:
lol.. I'm 51... never did "grow out of" my critters.. and something else too, everyone told me I would want children some day (never could stand the little buggers even when I was one..) I still haven't ever had any!
my "kids" are my critters.. and for anyone who can't wrap their heads around that.. well.. that's their problem.. not mine!

I'm the same way yinepu, I can't stand kids, people say I'm young and I will grow out of it and in to wanting children, but in fact do to physical reasons (wont get in to that) I am not even able to have kids, my family thought I would be devastated but what they don’t realize is that with all my animals I have tons of kids lol

Last edited:
I agree with yinepu! I never wanted human kids, I ended up having a hysterectomy when I was 37 due to health reasons....it was the best thing I ever did and now nobody in my fanily asks my husband and I when are we going to have kids anymore! I always answered before, I have kids, they are the critter type and if you ask me they are a lot cuter then most human kids :)

I say follow your heart when it comes to your animals as long as you enjoy them and can afford them....why not always have them? I would have a lot more if I could afford it :)

P.S. I am going to get my pony/horse finally too....next spring :)

hi i didnt read this thread at all so i have no idea whats going on so here' a bunny
bun.gif

Why do people think owning a pet or animal is a phase? That's horribly cruel to the animal itself if they simply get bored with it and send it away.
If you get bored with your children, do you send them off to foster care?
hmm.png

I can see growing out of clothing tends, games, or some types of lifestyles like clubbing, but 'growing out' of pets?
Then again there are a few threads here about 'drop off' animals, everything from cats to emus other people got tired of caring for.
sad.png

Tell your aunt and anyone else that thinks pet ownership is a 'phase' that treating animals as disposable objects that can be pitched when you get bored with them is heartless on their part, and that maybe they're the ones that need to grow up some.

Quote:
Chickens are not noted for living long lives (although some few do), so the idea that someone would grow out of their interest is not unreasonable. Doesn't mean they dump them, just that they either find other homes for them or not replace them as they age and pass. Now typically one would expect to see signs of waning interest--less time spent with the birds, more time spent on alternative activities/hobbies, etc.--which is clearly not the case with the OP.

Quote:
lol.png
bun.gif

Thanks all, I used to try and explain it all to them (not to the people that know me, it doesn't really matter if they don't understand), how I have big plans for my chickens (most of which I have already reached) and other animals I have, and that if any thing I have become more involved with them not less like a person would if they had lost interest. Now I'm not going to say that I will never get out of chickens (although right now I can't think of a reason why I would), if I did my uncle (who has chickens already) said he would take my birds for me and promised to not eat mine but let them die of old age, I turned him down of course, but I did appreciate the offer (sort of).

Back
Top Bottom