I wish I had thought of keeping ducks!

Now, I guess I should have asked way back when how much ducklings are!
Woops. I guess I wont be getting ducks from a hatchery.
How much are they from feed stores, and do you have to ask them to order ducklings special?

Our feed store sells them for $1.99. But you don't get to choose breed, or sex. They have what they have, and that's what you get!
hmm.png

Tractor Supply has them....but, yea, no sex or breed choice. They are SO adorable. I have no ducks, but BOY do I want a couple after seeing those cuties! If my DH said yes, I'd go back right now and get two!
smile.png

You think you have freak ones? My duck decided to lay 3 eggs in one morning, then 2 the morning after that.
ep.gif

I now always probe around to see if I might have missed some of her hidden eggs every morning.

Quote:
My top show quality ducklings form Holderread were $9ea and for 10 duckies, I paid $11 for shipping.
The hatchery duck I bought from a feed store was $5.99 ea and $1.50 to get it sexed. I wanted a girl.
But see, the quality is very different.
I guess if I had to buy utility quality ducks I could still buy Holderread utility ducks.
I think it will still be prettier.

Quote:
One of my Welsh Harlequins laid 2 eggs every day for over a week, at the beginning of her cycle. I only have 2 hens, and was getting 3 white eggs, so I know it wasn't one of the chickens. She has since evened out. WH are GREAT layers, a nice size, and I am now incubating 10 eggs in the incubator. I got my trio off of Craig's List last spring, so you might check your area. Ducks ARE messy, but it wouldn't be the same without a few of them running around.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom